LEARNERS PHASE IN – GRADES 1,2,6 AND 9
GRADE 10 LEARNERS PHASE IN 30.06.2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TEMPORARY SCHOOL CLOSURE 17/06/2020
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS: FOR EFT.
|ACCOUNT HOLDER:||PHOENIX MUSLIM SCHOOL|
|REFERENCE:||LEARNER ADMIN NO|
Due to the ongoing lockdown in the country the schools might remain closed longer than we anticipated. After consulting with various stakeholders and schools we have no choice but to make our school website functional for online learning for all grades(1-12). We already uploaded some resources and links for various grades. We urge you to take some time and browse through the website and help your child to download the resources uploaded. However our staff members are working tirelessly in providing as much resources as they can to help the learners to make up for the lost time during this time. We will keep you informed regarding any development in the current situation. Please keep visiting the website frequently to see the latest updates.we have provided links for two other websites below (Grade 1-Grade 7) please make use of those websites too for resources.
May Allah keep everyone safe and remember us in your dua.
Principal Teachers and BOG
Phoenix Muslim school
COUNSELLING SUPPORT OFFERED BY PHOENIX MUSLIM SCHOOL DURING THE COVID- 19 PANDEMIC LOCKDOWN
The uncertainties surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown has brought much anxiety and fears in our communities and amongst our children. In order to help support our learners cope with these challenges in an adaptive and healthy manner, Phoenix Muslim School, with the support of the School Counsellor has embarked on a plan to offer Psychological First Aid Support to learners (Grades 9-12) during the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown.
TYPE OF SUPPORT OFFERED
1. Psychological First Aid Support- Building Resilience and using Anxiety Positively to allay fears.
2. How Parents Can Help- Establishing Routine Sense and Discipline.
3. Treatment Options- Referrals.
4. How to Cope with Stress, Anxiety and Fears during the Pandemic.
5. Any challenges that impact negatively on the Emotional Energy Levels of the Child.
6. Support from established Organisations dealing with the Covid -19 pandemic.
1. Contact with Counsellor via e-mail.(firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Tele-Counselling- only if the above intervention warrants this step.
3. Referral to Social Worker/ Psychologist- serious cases.
All our children are not the same and many require more support than others due to their weaker emotional status and coping strategies. Every problem has a great solution. Let us come together (parents, children, teachers) during this pandemic and help inspire and empower our children through LOVE and CARE to bring positive change. Inshallah.
APA R. GAFFAR